Home Learning at Harris Academy Peckham
All students will be expected to complete Home Learning in each of their subjects every week using Microsoft Teams, Bedrock, Active Learn, Doddle, Seneca, Mathswatch or at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
Please see the Home Learning timetables below for guidance on when students should expect to receive Home Learning:
Why is Home Learning important?
"The evidence shows that the impact of homework, on average, is five months' additional progress." Education Endowment Foundation
This knowledge focused regular completion of Home Learning will improve knowledge retention of students in areas that have been specifically targeted by subject teachers.
Students will take steps towards greater ownership over their educational journey.
How can you support?
You can support your child's Home Learning by:
- checking your child has received and completed their Home Learning each day.
- checking your child’s completion of Home Learning on their Microsoft Teams account.
- checking that your child has completed their Bedrock/Mathswatch/Doddle/ActiveLearn/Seneca.
Support that will be provided in school
- Our library is open for students at break and lunch every day where students can access computers.
- Rewards will be given for regular completion of Home Learning
- Detentions will be given for incomplete Home Learning.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s completion of Home Learning, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com